In 2018, I’ll be starting an Outdoor Skills Club at Schiff Natural Lands Trust in Mendham, NJ. It’ll be held one weekday a month at 6:30pm to 8pm for Grades 6-10. Check the Schiff calendar soon for finalized dates and details.
Learn the art of bushcraft and outdoor living skills in this friendly class and social gathering. All sessions encourage hands-on participation and many include make and take projects. Each meeting has a different focus; Advance registration is required.
- JANUARY – Making an Altoids Tin Survival Kit
- FEBRUARY – Reading the Forest Landscape: Animal Tracking (Make and Take a clay Track)
- MARCH – Cordage Making with Natural Plant Fibers
- APRIL – Bow Drill Friction Fire from the Landscape
- MAY – Wild Edible Plants – Let’s Forage a Spring Salad
- JUNE- Natural and Manmade Tinders and Fire Starting with flint and steel and ferro rods.
- JULY – Identifying Wild Mushrooms
- AUGUST –…
View original post 977 more words